To learn the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
To become familiar with the embedded computing platform design and analysis.
To get thorough knowledge in interfacing concepts
To design an embedded system and to develop programs
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO EMBEDDED COMPUTING AND ARM PROCESSORS 9
Complex systems and micro processors– Embedded system design process –Design example:Model train controller- Instruction sets preliminaries – ARM Processor – CPU: programming input and output- supervisor mode, exceptions and traps – Co-processors- Memory system mechanisms – CPU performance- CPU power consumption.
UNIT II EMBEDDED COMPUTING PLATFORM DESIGN 9
The CPU Bus-Memory devices and systems–Designing with computing platforms – consumer electronics architecture – platform-level performance analysis – Components for embedded programs- Models of programs- Assembly, linking and loading – compilation techniques- Program level performance analysis – Software performance optimization – Program level energy and power analysis and optimization – Analysis and optimization of program size- Program validation and testing.
UNIT III SENSOR INTERFACING WITH ARDUINO 9
Basics of hardware design and functions of basic passive components-sensors and actuatorsArduino code – library file for sensor interfacing-construction of basic applications
UNIT IV EMBEDDED FIRMWARE 9
Reset Circuit, Brown-out Protection Circuit-Oscillator Unit – Real Time Clock-Watchdog Timer -Embedded Firmware Design Approaches and Development Languages.
UNIT V EMBEDDED C PROGRAMMING 9
Introduction-Creating ‗hardware delays‘ using Timer 0 and Timer 1-Reading switches-Adding Structure to the code-Generating a minimum and maximum delay-Example: Creating a portable hardware delay- Timeout mechanisms-Creating loop timeouts-Testing loop timeouts- hardware timeouts-Testing a hardware timeout.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
Describe the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
Explain the concepts of embedded systems
Understand the Concepts of peripherals and interfacing of sensors.
Capable of using the system design techniques to develop firmware
Illustrate the code for constructing a system
1.Marilyn Wolf, ―Computers as Components – Principles of Embedded Computing System Design‖, Third Edition ―Morgan Kaufmann Publisher (An imprint from Elsevier), 2012. (unit I & II)
2 https://www.coursera.org/learn/interface-with-arduino#syllabus (Unit III)
3 .Michael J. Pont, ―Embedded C‖, 2 nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2008.(Unit IV & V)
1.Shibu K.V, ―Introduction to Embedded Systems‖, McGraw Hill.2014
2.Jonathan W.Valvano, ―Embedded Microcomputer Systems Real Time Interfacing‖, Third Edition Cengage Learning, 2012
3 Raj Kamal, ―Embedded Systems-Architecture,programming and design‖, 3 edition,TMH.2015
4. Lyla, ―Embedded Systems‖, Pearson , 2013
6. David E. Simon, ―An Embedded Software Primer‖, Pearson Education,2000.
- Regulation 2017 GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8251 Programming in C Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8391 Data Structures Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8392 Object Oriented Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation Computer Science Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8151 Communicative English Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 MA8151 Engineering Mathematics I Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation PH8151 Engineering Physics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CY8151 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8152 Engineering Graphics Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8251 Technical English Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation MA8251 Engineering Mathematics II Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 PH8252 Physics for Information Science Syllabus
- BE8255 Basic Electrical and Electronics and Measurement Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 GE8291 Environmental Science and Engineering