The course aims to:
Enhance the Employability and Career Skills of students
Orient the students towards grooming as a professional
Make them Employable Graduates
Develop their confidence and help them attend interviews successfully.
Introduction to Soft Skills– Hard skills & soft skills – employability and career Skills—Grooming as a professional with values—Time Management—General awareness of Current Affairs
Self-Introduction-organizing the material – Introducing oneself to the audience – introducing the topic – answering questions – individual presentation practice–– presenting the visuals effectively – 5 minute
Introduction to Group Discussion— Participating in group discussions – understanding group dynamics brainstorming the topic -– questioning and clarifying –GD strategies- activities to improve GD skills
Interview etiquette – dress code – body language – attending job interviews– telephone/skype interview -one to one interview &panel interview – FAQs related to job interviews
Recognizing differences between groups and teams- managing time-managing stress- networking professionally- respecting social protocols-understanding career management-developing a long-term career plan-making career changes
TOTAL : 30 PERIODS
At the end of the course Learners will be able to:
• Make effective presentations
• Participate confidently in Group Discussions.
• Attend job interviews and be successful in them.
• Develop adequate Soft Skills required for the workplace
- Win English
- Butterfield, Jeff Soft Skills for Everyone. Cengage Learning: New Delhi, 2015 E. Suresh Kumar et al. Communication for Professional Success. Orient Blackswan: Hyderabad, 2015
- Interact English Lab Manual for Undergraduate Students,. OrientBalckSwan: Hyderabad, 2016.
- Raman, Meenakshi and Sangeeta Sharma. Professional Communication. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2014
- S. Hariharanetal. Soft Skills. MJP Publishers: Chennai, 2010.