To sensitize the Engineering students to various aspects of Human Rights.
UNIT I 9
Human Rights – Meaning, origin and Development. Notion and classification of Rights – Natural,Moral and Legal Rights. Civil and Political Rights, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights;collective / Solidarity Rights.
UNIT II 9
Evolution of the concept of Human Rights Magana carta – Geneva convention of 1864. Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948. Theories of Human Rights.
UNIT III 9
Theories and perspectives of UN Laws – UN Agencies to monitor and compliance.
UNIT IV 9
Human Rights in India – Constitutional Provisions / Guarantees.
UNIT V 9
Human Rights of Disadvantaged People – Women, Children, Displaced persons and Disabled persons, including Aged and HIV Infected People. Implementation of Human Rights – National and State Human Rights Commission – Judiciary – Role of NGO‘s, Media, Educational Institutions, Social Movements.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Engineering students will acquire the basic knowledge of human rights.
1. Kapoor S.K., ―Human Rights under International law and Indian Laws‖, Central Law Agency,Allahabad, 2014.
2. Chandra U., ―Human Rights‖, Allahabad Law Agency, Allahabad, 2014.
3. Upendra Baxi, The Future of Human Rights, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Regulation 2017 GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8251 Programming in C Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8391 Data Structures Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8392 Object Oriented Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation Computer Science Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8151 Communicative English Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 MA8151 Engineering Mathematics I Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation PH8151 Engineering Physics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CY8151 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8152 Engineering Graphics Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8251 Technical English Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation MA8251 Engineering Mathematics II Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 PH8252 Physics for Information Science Syllabus
- BE8255 Basic Electrical and Electronics and Measurement Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 GE8291 Environmental Science and Engineering