- To give a comprehensive exposure to all types of amplifiers and oscillators constructed with discrete components. This helps to develop a strong basis for building linear and digital integrated circuits
- To study about feedback amplifiers and oscillators principles
- To design oscillators.
- To study about turned amplifier.
- To understand the analysis and design of LC and RC oscillators, amplifiers, multi vibrators, power amplifiers and DC convertors.
UNIT I FEEDBACK AMPLIFIERS AND STABILITY 9
Feedback Concepts – gain with feedback – effect of feedback on gain stability, distortion,bandwidth, input and output impedances; topologies of feedback amplifiers – analysis of series-series, shunt-shunt and shunt-series feedback amplifiers-stability problem-Gain and Phase-margins-Frequency compensation.
UNIT II OSCILLATORS 9
Barkhausen criterion for oscillation – phase shift, Wien bridge – Hartley & Colpitt‘s oscillators – Clapp oscillator-Ring oscillators and crystal oscillators – oscillator amplitude stabilization.
UNIT III TUNED AMPLIFIERS 9
Coil losses, unloaded and loaded Q of tank circuits, small signal tuned amplifiers –Analysis of capacitor coupled single tuned amplifier – double tuned amplifier – effect of cascading single tuned and double tuned amplifiers on bandwidth – Stagger tuned amplifiers – Stability of tuned amplifiers – Neutralization – Hazeltine neutralization method.
UNIT IV WAVE SHAPING AND MULTIVIBRATOR CIRCUITS 9
Pulse circuits – attenuators – RC integrator and differentiator circuits – diode clampers and clippers –Multivibrators – Schmitt Trigger- UJT Oscillator.
UNIT V POWER AMPLIFIERS AND DC CONVERTERS 9
Power amplifiers- class A-Class B-Class AB-Class C-Power MOSFET-Temperature Effect- Class AB Power amplifier using MOSFET –DC/DC convertors – Buck, Boost,Buck-Boost analysis and design
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze different types of amplifier, oscillator and multivibrator circuits
- Design BJT amplifier and oscillator circuits
- Analyze transistorized amplifier and oscillator circuits
- Design and analyze feedback amplifiers
- Design LC and RC oscillators, tuned amplifiers, wave shaping circuits,multivibrators, power amplifier and DC convertors.
1. Sedra and Smith, ―Micro Electronic Circuits‖; Sixth Edition, Oxford University Press,2011. (UNIT I, III,IV,V)
2. Jacob Millman, ‗Microelectronics‘, McGraw Hill, 2nd Edition, Reprinted, 2009.(UNIT I,II,IV,V)
1. Robert L. Boylestad and Louis Nasheresky, ―Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory‖, 10th Edition, Pearson Education / PHI, 2008
2. David A. Bell, ―Electronic Devices and Circuits‖, Fifth Edition, Oxford University Press, 2008.
3. Millman J. and Taub H., ―Pulse Digital and Switching Waveforms‖, TMH, 2000.
4. Millman and Halkias. C., Integrated Electronics, TMH, 2007.
- Regulation 2017 BE8254 Basic Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8493 Operating Systems Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8073 Medical Electronics Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8074 Robotics and Automation Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8251 Circuit Analysis Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8252 Electronics Devices Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8352 Signals And Systems Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8391 Control Systems Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8392 Digital Electronics Syllabus