- To learn about the issues and challenges in the design of wireless ad hoc networks.
- To understand the working of MAC and Routing Protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks
- To learn about the Transport Layer protocols and their QoS for ad hoc and sensor networks.
- To understand various security issues in ad hoc and sensor networks and the corresponding solutions.
UNIT I MAC & ROUTING IN AD HOC NETWORKS 9
Introduction – Issues and challenges in ad hoc networks – MAC Layer Protocols for wireless ad hoc networks – Contention-Based MAC protocols – MAC Protocols Using Directional Antennas – Multiple-Channel MAC Protocols – Power-Aware MAC Protocols – Routing in Ad hoc Networks – Design Issues – Proactive, Reactive and Hybrid Routing Protocols
UNIT II TRANSPORT & QOS IN AD HOC NETWORKS 9
TCP‟s challenges and Design Issues in Ad Hoc Networks – Transport protocols for ad hoc networks – Issues and Challenges in providing QoS – MAC Layer QoS solutions – Network Layer QoS solutions – QoS Model
UNIT III MAC & ROUTING IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Introduction – Applications – Challenges – Sensor network architecture – MAC Protocols for wireless sensor networks – Low duty cycle protocols and wakeup concepts – ContentionBased protocols – Schedule-Based protocols – IEEE 802.15.4 Zigbee – Topology Control –Routing Protocols
UNIT IV TRANSPORT & QOS IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Data-Centric and Contention-Based Networking – Transport Layer and QoS in Wireless Sensor Networks – Congestion Control in network processing – Operating systems for wireless sensor networks – Examples
UNIT V SECURITY IN AD HOC AND SENSOR NETWORKS 9
Security Attacks – Key Distribution and Management – Intrusion Detection – Software based Anti-tamper techniques – Water marking techniques – Defense against routing attacks -Secure Ad hoc routing protocols – Broadcast authentication WSN protocols – TESLA – Biba –Sensor Network Security Protocols – SPINS
TOTAL :45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
Identify different issues in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks .
To analyze protocols developed for ad hoc and sensor networks .
To identify and understand security issues in ad hoc and sensor networks.
1. C.Siva Ram Murthy and B.S.Manoj, ―Ad Hoc Wireless Networks – Architectures and Protocols‖, Pearson Education, 2006.
2. Holger Karl, Andreas Willing, ―Protocols and Architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks‖,John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
1. Subir Kumar Sarkar, T G Basavaraju, C Puttamadappa, ―Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks‖,Auerbach Publications, 2008.
2. Carlos De Morais Cordeiro, Dharma Prakash Agrawal, ―Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications (2nd Edition)‖, World Scientific Publishing, 2011.
3. Waltenegus Dargie, Christian Poellabauer, ―Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks Theory and Practice‖, John Wiley and Sons, 2010
4. Xiang-Yang Li , “Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications‖, 1227 th edition, Cambridge university Press,2008
- Regulation 2017 EC8501 Digital Communication Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8351 Electronic Circuits I Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8393 Fundamentals Of Data Structures In C Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8085 Social Network Analysis Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8076 Gpu Architecture and Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8073 Fundamentals of Nano Science Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation IT8077 Speech Processing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8001 Parallel Algorithms Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8084 Natural Language Processing Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8078 Green Computing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8080 Information Retrieval Techniques Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8076 Professional Ethics in Engineering Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8086 Soft Computing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8074 Cyber Forensics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8087 Software Defined Networks Syllabus