To understand what are the objectives of project management.
To outline the principles followed in carrying out a project.
To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles.
To function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
To understand the concepts of finance and accounts carried out in project management.
UNIT I PROJECT MANAGEMENT,PROJECT SELECTION AND PROJECT 9
Objectives of project management: Types of Projects: Project Management Life Cycle: Project Selection: Feasibility study: Estimation of Project Cost, Cost of Capital, Network analysis Techniques : PERT,CPM, Government regulations and statutory for various projects:
UNIT II PROJECT IMPLIMENTATION,MONITORING AND CONTROL 9
Project representation: Role of project managers ,relevance with objective of organization, preliminary manipulations ,Basic Scheduling concepts :Resource levelling ,Resource allocation ,Setting a base line, Project management information system: Importance of contracts in projects: Team work in Project Management: Formation of Effective terms.
UNIT III PROJECT EVALUATION, AUDITING AND OTHER RELATED TOPICS IN 9
Project Evaluation: Project auditing: Phase of project audit Project closure reports, computers, e-markets in Project Management:
UNIT IV WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AND CAPITAL BUDGETING
Current assets management: Estimation of working capital requirements: Capital budgeting: Capital budgeting methods: Present value method: Accounting rate of return methods.
UNIT V FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING 9
Source of finance: Term Loans: Capital Structure: Financial Institution Accounting Principles: Preparation and Interpretation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements , Fixed Assets, Current assets, Depreciation methods :Break even analysis:
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
- Ability to study the current market trends and choose projects.
- Ability to prepare project feasibility reports.
- Ability to implement the project effectively meeting government norms and conditions.
- Ability to understand the role and responsibility of the Professional Engineer.
- Be able to assess social, health, safety issues based on the reasoning received from the contextual knowledge.
- Ability to choose projects which benefit the society and organization.
- Project Management Institute “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge” PMBOK® Guide (Sixth Edition), Sept 2017
- James C.Van Horne, “Fundamentals of Financial Management”, Person Education 2004.
- Küster J., Huber, E., Lippmann, R., Schmid, A., Schneider, E., Witschi, U., Wüst, R.” Project Management Handbook”,2015
- Khanna, R.B.,“Project Management”, PHI 2011.
- Prasanna Chandra, “Financial Management”, Tata McGraw-Hill,2008.
- By Carl S. Warren, James M. Reeve, Jonathan Duchac.”Financial & Managerial Accounting”,2016
- PaneerSelvam, R., and Senthilkumar, P., “Project Management”, PHI, 2011.