To impart knowledge on the following Topics
Architecture of μP8085 & μC 8051
Addressing modes & instruction set of 8085 & 8051.
Need & use of Interrupt structure 8085 & 8051.
Simple applications development with programming 8085 & 8051
UNIT I 8085 PROCESSOR 9
Hardware Architecture, pinouts – Functional Building Blocks of Processor – Memory organization – I/O ports and data transfer concepts– Timing Diagram – Interrupts.
UNIT II PROGRAMMING OF 8085 PROCESSOR 9
Instruction -format and addressing modes – Assembly language format – Data transfer, data manipulation& control instructions – Programming: Loop structure with counting & Indexing – Look up tability – Subroutine instructions – stack.
UNIT III 8051 MICRO CONTROLLER 9
Hardware Architecture, pinouts – Functional Building Blocks of Processor – Memory organization – I/O ports and data transfer concepts– Timing Diagram – Interrupts- Data Transfer, Manipulation, Control Algorithms& I/O instructions, Comparison to Programming concepts with 8085.
UNIT IV PERIPHERAL INTERFACING 9
Study on need, Architecture, configuration and interfacing, with ICs: 8255, 8259, 8254, 8279, – A/D and D/A converters &Interfacing with 8085& 8051.
UNIT V MICRO CONTROLLER PROGRAMMING & APPLICATIONS 9
Simple programming exercises- key board and display interface –Control of servo motorstepper motor control- Application to automation systems.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Ability to acquire knowledge in Addressing modes & instruction set of 8085 & 8051.
Ability to need & use of Interrupt structure 8085 & 8051.
Ability to understand the importance of Interfacing
Ability to explain the architecture of Microprocessor and Microcontroller.
Ability to write the assembly language programme.
Ability to develop the Microprocessor and Microcontroller based applications.
- Sunil Mathur &Jeebananda Panda, “Microprocessor and Microcontrollers”, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd, 2016.
- R.S. Gaonkar, ‘Microprocessor Architecture Programming and Application’, with 8085, Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 2013.
- Muhammad Ali Mazidi & Janice Gilli Mazidi, R.D.Kinely ‘The 8051 Micro Controller and Embedded Systems’, PHI Pearson Education, 5th Indian reprint, 2003.
- Krishna Kant, “Microprocessor and Microcontrollers”, Eastern Company Edition, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2007.
- B.RAM,” Computer Fundamentals Architecture and Organization” New age International Private Limited, Fifth edition, 2017.
- Soumitra Kumar Mandal, Microprocessor & Microcontroller Architecture, Programming & Interfacing using 8085,8086,8051,McGraw Hill Edu,2013.
- Ajay V.Deshmukh, ‘Microcontroller Theory &Applications’, McGraw Hill Edu,2016
- Douglas V.Hall, ‘Microprocessor and Interfacing’, McGraw Hill Edu,2016.