LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Develop a Java application to generate Electricity bill. Create a class with the following
members: Consumer no., consumer name, previous month reading, current month reading,
type of EB connection (i.e domestic or commercial). Compute the bill amount using the
If the type of the EB connection is domestic, calculate the amount to be paid as follows:
First 100 units – Rs. 1 per unit
101-200 units – Rs. 2.50 per unit
201 -500 units – Rs. 4 per unit
> 501 units – Rs. 6 per unit
If the type of the EB connection is commercial, calculate the amount to be paid as follows:
First 100 units – Rs. 2 per unit
101-200 units – Rs. 4.50 per unit
201 -500 units – Rs. 6 per unit
> 501 units – Rs. 7 per unit
2. Develop a java application to implement currency converter (Dollar to INR, EURO to INR, Yen
to INR and vice versa), distance converter (meter to KM, miles to KM and vice versa) , time
converter (hours to minutes, seconds and vice versa) using packages.
3. Develop a java application with Employee class with Emp_name, Emp_id, Address, Mail_id,
Mobile_no as members. Inherit the classes, Programmer, Assistant Professor, Associate
Professor and Professor from employee class. Add Basic Pay (BP) as the member of all the
inherited classes with 97% of BP as DA, 10 % of BP as HRA, 12% of BP as PF, 0.1% of BP for
staff club fund. Generate pay slips for the employees with their gross and net salary.
4. Design a Java interface for ADT Stack. Implement this interface using array. Provide
necessary exception handling in both the implementations.
5. Write a program to perform string operations using ArrayList. Write functions for the following
a. Append – add at end
b. Insert – add at particular index
d. List all string starts with given letter
6. Write a Java Program to create an abstract class named Shape that contains two integers and
an empty method named print Area(). Provide three classes named Rectangle, Triangle and
Circle such that each one of the classes extends the class Shape. Each one of the classes
contains only the method print Area () that prints the area of the given shape.
7. Write a Java program to implement user defined exception handling.
8. Write a Java program that reads a file name from the user, displays information about whether
the file exists, whether the file is readable, or writable, the type of file and the length of the file
9. Write a java program that implements a multi-threaded application that has three threads. First
thread generates a random integer every 1 second and if the value is even, second thread
computes the square of the number and prints. If the value is odd, the third thread will print the
value of cube of the number.
10. Write a java program to find the maximum value from the given type of elements using a
11. Design a calculator using event-driven programming paradigm of Java with the following
a) Decimal manipulations
b) Scientific manipulations
12. Develop a mini project for any application using Java concepts.
CS8383 Object Oriented Programming List of Experiments