To understand the concept of cloud computing.
To appreciate the evolution of cloud from the existing technologies.
To have knowledge on the various issues in cloud computing.
To be familiar with the lead players in cloud.
To appreciate the emergence of cloud as the next generation computing paradigm.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction to Cloud Computing – Definition of Cloud – Evolution of Cloud Computing –Underlying Principles of Parallel and Distributed Computing – Cloud Characteristics – Elasticity inCloud – On-demand Provisioning.
UNIT II CLOUD ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES 10
Service Oriented Architecture – REST and Systems of Systems – Web Services – PublishSubscribe Model – Basics of Virtualization – Types of Virtualization – Implementation Levels ofVirtualization – Virtualization Structures – Tools and Mechanisms – Virtualization of CPU –Memory – I/O Devices –Virtualization Support and Disaster Recovery.
UNIT III CLOUD ARCHITECTURE, SERVICES AND STORAGE 8
Layered Cloud Architecture Design – NIST Cloud Computing Reference Architecture – Public,Private and Hybrid Clouds – laaS – PaaS – SaaS – Architectural Design Challenges – Cloud Storage – Storage-as-a-Service – Advantages of Cloud Storage – Cloud Storage Providers – S3.
UNIT IV RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY IN CLOUD 10
Inter Cloud Resource Management – Resource Provisioning and Resource Provisioning Methods – Global Exchange of Cloud Resources – Security Overview – Cloud Security Challenges –Software-as-a-Service Security – Security Governance – Virtual Machine Security – IAM –Security Standards.
UNIT V CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVANCEMENTS 8
Hadoop – MapReduce – Virtual Box — Google App Engine – Programming Environment for Google App Engine –– Open Stack – Federation in the Cloud – Four Levels of Federation –Federated Services and Applications – Future of Federation.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
On Completion of the course, the students should be able to:
Articulate the main concepts, key technologies, strengths and limitations of cloud computing.
Learn the key and enabling technologies that help in the development of cloud.
Develop the ability to understand and use the architecture of compute and storage cloud,service and delivery models.
Explain the core issues of cloud computing such as resource management and security.
Be able to install and use current cloud technologies.
Evaluate and choose the appropriate technologies, algorithms and approaches for implementation and use of cloud.
1. Kai Hwang, Geoffrey C. Fox, Jack G. Dongarra, “Distributed and Cloud Computing, From Parallel Processing to the Internet of Things”, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2012.
2. Rittinghouse, John W., and James F. Ransome, ―Cloud Computing: Implementation,anagement and Security‖, CRC Press, 2017.
1. Rajkumar Buyya, Christian Vecchiola, S. ThamaraiSelvi, ―Mastering Cloud Computing‖, Tata Mcgraw Hill, 2013.
2. Toby Velte, Anthony Velte, Robert Elsenpeter, “Cloud Computing – A Practical Approach‖, Tata Mcgraw Hill, 2009.
3. George Reese, “Cloud Application Architectures: Building Applications and Infrastructure in the Cloud: Transactional Systems for EC2 and Beyond (Theory in Practice)‖, O’Reilly, 2009.
- Regulation 2017 EC8501 Digital Communication Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8351 Electronic Circuits I Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 EC8393 Fundamentals Of Data Structures In C Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8085 Social Network Analysis Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8076 Gpu Architecture and Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8073 Fundamentals of Nano Science Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation IT8077 Speech Processing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8001 Parallel Algorithms Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8084 Natural Language Processing Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8078 Green Computing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8080 Information Retrieval Techniques Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8076 Professional Ethics in Engineering Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8086 Soft Computing Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8074 Cyber Forensics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8087 Software Defined Networks Syllabus