To give an idea about IPR, registration and its enforcement.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction to IPRs, Basic concepts and need for Intellectual Property – Patents, Copyrights,Geographical Indications, IPR in India and Abroad – Genesis and Development – the way from WTO to WIPO –TRIPS, Nature of Intellectual Property, Industrial Property, technological Research, Inventions and Innovations – Important examples of IPR.
UNIT II REGISTRATION OF IPRs 10
Meaning and practical aspects of registration of Copy Rights, Trademarks, Patents, Geographical Indications, Trade Secrets and Industrial Design registration in India and Abroad
UNIT III AGREEMENTS AND LEGISLATIONS 10
International Treaties and Conventions on IPRs, TRIPS Agreement, PCT Agreement, Patent Act of India, Patent Amendment Act, Design Act, Trademark Act, Geographical Indication Act.
UNIT IV DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND LAW 9
Digital Innovations and Developments as Knowledge Assets – IP Laws, Cyber Law and Digital Content Protection – Unfair Competition – Meaning and Relationship between Unfair Competition and IP Laws – Case Studies.
UNIT V ENFORCEMENT OF IPRs 7
Infringement of IPRs, Enforcement Measures, Emerging issues – Case Studies.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Ability to manage Intellectual Property portfolio to enhance the value of the firm.
1. V. Scople Vinod, Managing Intellectual Property, Prentice Hall of India pvt Ltd, 2012
2. S. V. Satakar, ―Intellectual Property Rights and Copy Rights, Ess Ess Publications, New Delhi,2002
1. Deborah E. Bouchoux, ―Intellectual Property: The Law of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents and Trade Secrets‖, Cengage Learning, Third Edition, 2012.
2. Prabuddha Ganguli,‖Intellectual Property Rights: Unleashing the Knowledge Economy‖,McGraw Hill Education, 2011.
3. Edited by Derek Bosworth and Elizabeth Webster, The Management of Intellectual Property,Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., 2013.
- Regulation 2017 GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8251 Programming in C Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8391 Data Structures Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8392 Object Oriented Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation Computer Science Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8151 Communicative English Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 MA8151 Engineering Mathematics I Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation PH8151 Engineering Physics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CY8151 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8152 Engineering Graphics Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8251 Technical English Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation MA8251 Engineering Mathematics II Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 PH8252 Physics for Information Science Syllabus
- BE8255 Basic Electrical and Electronics and Measurement Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 GE8291 Environmental Science and Engineering