- To learn basic programming in C# and the object oriented programming concepts.
- To update and enhance skills in writing Windows applications, ADO.NET and ASP .NET.
- To study the advanced concepts in data connectivity, WPF, WCF and WWF with C# and .NET 4.5. To implement mobile applications using .Net compact framework
- To understand the working of base class libraries, their operations and manipulation of data using XML.
UNIT I C# LANGUAGE BASICS 9
.Net Architecture – Core C# – Variables – Data Types – Flow control – Objects and Types- Classes and Structs – Inheritance- Generics – Arrays and Tuples – Operators and Casts – Indexers
UNIT II C# ADVANCED FEATURES 9
Delegates – Lambdas – Lambda Expressions – Events – Event Publisher – Event Listener – Strings and Regular Expressions – Generics – Collections – Memory Management and Pointers – Errors and Exceptions – Reflection
UNIT III BASE CLASS LIBRARIES AND DATA MANIPULATION 9
Diagnostics -Tasks, Threads and Synchronization – .Net Security – Localization -Manipulating XML- SAX and DOM – Manipulating files and the Registry- Transactions -ADO.NET- Peer-to-Peer Networking – PNRP – Building P2P Applications – Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
UNIT IV WINDOW BASED APPLICATIONS, WCF AND WWF 9
Window based applications – Core ASP.NET- ASP.NET Web forms -Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)- Introduction to Web Services – .Net Remoting -Windows Service – Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) – Activities – Workflows
UNIT V .NET FRAMEWORK AND COMPACT FRAMEWORK 9
Assemblies – Shared assemblies – Custom Hosting with CLR Objects – Appdomains -Core XAML – Bubbling and Tunneling Events- Reading and Writing XAML – .Net Compact Framework – Compact Edition Data Stores – Errors, Testing and Debugging –Optimizing performance – Packaging and Deployment – Networking and Mobile Devices
TOTAL :45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Write various applications using C# Language in the .NET Framework.
- Develop distributed applications using .NET Framework.
- Create mobile applications using .NET compact Framework.
1. Christian Nagel, Bill Evjen, Jay Glynn, Karli Watson, Morgan Skinner . ―Professional C# 2012 and .NET 4.5‖, Wiley, 2012
2. Harsh Bhasin, ―Programming in C#‖, Oxford University Press, 2014.
1. Ian Gariffiths, Mathew Adams, Jesse Liberty, ―Programming C# 4.0‖, O‗Reilly,Fourth Edition, 2010.
2. Andrew Troelsen, Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework, Apress publication,2012.
3. Andy Wigley, Daniel Moth, Peter Foot, ―Mobile Development Handbook‖, Microsoft Press, 2011.
- Regulation 2017 GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8251 Programming in C Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CS8391 Data Structures Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 CS8392 Object Oriented Programming Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation Computer Science Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8151 Communicative English Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 MA8151 Engineering Mathematics I Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation PH8151 Engineering Physics Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation CY8151 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation GE8152 Engineering Graphics Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 HS8251 Technical English Syllabus
- 2017 Regulation MA8251 Engineering Mathematics II Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 PH8252 Physics for Information Science Syllabus
- BE8255 Basic Electrical and Electronics and Measurement Engineering Syllabus
- Regulation 2017 GE8291 Environmental Science and Engineering