- To learn the fundamentals of software defined networks.
- To understand the separation of the data plane and the control plane.
- To study about the SDN Programming.
- To study about the various applications of SDN
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
History of Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Modern Data Center – Traditional Switch Architecture – Why SDN – Evolution of SDN – How SDN Works – Centralized and Distributed Control and Date Planes
UNIT II OPEN FLOW & SDN CONTROLLERS 9
Open Flow Specification – Drawbacks of Open SDN, SDN via APIs, SDN via HypervisorBased Overlays – SDN via Opening up the Device – SDN Controllers – General Concepts
UNIT III DATA CENTERS 9
Multitenant and Virtualized Multitenant Data Center – SDN Solutions for the Data Center Network – VLANs – EVPN – VxLAN – NVGRE
UNIT IV SDN PROGRAMMING 9
Programming SDNs: Northbound Application Programming Interface, Current Languages and Tools, Composition of SDNs – Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks: Concepts, Implementation and Applications
UNIT V SDN 9
Juniper SDN Framework – IETF SDN Framework – Open Daylight Controller – Floodlight Controller – Bandwidth Calendaring – Data Center Orchestration
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Analyze the evolution of software defined networks
- Express the various components of SDN and their uses
- Explain the use of SDN in the current networking scenario
- Design and develop various applications of SDN
1. Paul Goransson and Chuck Black, ―Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach, First Edition, Morgan Kaufmann, 2014.
2. Thomas D. Nadeau, Ken Gray, ―SDN: Software Defined Networks, O’Reilly Media, 2013.
1. Siamak Azodolmolky, ―Software Defined Networking with Open Flow, Packet Publishing, 2013.
2. Vivek Tiwari, ―SDN and Open Flow for Beginners‖, Amazon Digital Services, Inc.,2013.
3. Fei Hu, Editor, ―Network Innovation through Open Flow and SDN: Principles and Design, CRC Press, 2014.
- Regulation 2017 EE8351 Digital Logic Circuits Syllabus
- MA8353 Transforms and Partial Differential Equations Syllabus
- EE8251 Circuit Theory Syllabus
- EC8092 Advanced Wireless Communication Syllabus
- IT8006 Principles of Speech Processing Syllabus
- CS8086 Soft Computing Syllabus
- EC8094 Satellite Communication Syllabus
- EC8011 DSP Architecture and Programming Syllabus
- EC8010 Video Analytics Syllabus
- EC8093 Digital Image Processing Syllabus
- EC8009 Compressive Sensing Syllabus
- EC8008 Photonic Networks Syllabus
- EC8007 Low power SoC Design Syllabus
- EC8072 Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility
- EC8006 Mixed Signal IC Design Syllabus