- To learn the basic concepts of Soft Computing
- To become familiar with various techniques like neural networks, genetic algorithms and fuzzy systems.
- To apply soft computing techniques to solve problems.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO SOFT COMPUTING 9
Introduction-Artificial Intelligence-Artificial Neural Networks-Fuzzy Systems-Genetic Algorithm and Evolutionary Programming-Swarm Intelligent Systems-Classification of ANNs-McCulloch and Pitts Neuron Model-Learning Rules: Hebbian and Delta- Perceptron Network-Adaline Network-Madaline Network.
UNIT II ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS 9
Back propagation Neural Networks – Kohonen Neural Network -Learning Vector Quantization -Hamming Neural Network – Hopfield Neural Network- Bi-directional Associative Memory -Adaptive Resonance Theory Neural Networks- Support Vector Machines – Spike Neuron Models.
UNIT III FUZZY SYSTEMS 9
Introduction to Fuzzy Logic, Classical Sets and Fuzzy Sets – Classical Relations and Fuzzy Relations -Membership Functions -Defuzzification – Fuzzy Arithmetic and Fuzzy Measures -Fuzzy Rule Base and Approximate Reasoning – Introduction to Fuzzy Decision Making.
UNIT IV GENETIC ALGORITHMS 9
Basic Concepts- Working Principles -Encoding- Fitness Function – Reproduction -Inheritance Operators – Cross Over – Inversion and Deletion -Mutation Operator – Bit-wise Operators -Convergence of Genetic Algorithm.
UNIT V HYBRID SYSTEMS 9
Hybrid Systems -Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Genetic -GA Based Weight Determination – LR-Type Fuzzy Numbers – Fuzzy Neuron – Fuzzy BP Architecture -Learning in Fuzzy BP- Inference by Fuzzy BP – Fuzzy ArtMap: A Brief Introduction – Soft Computing Tools – GA in Fuzzy Logic Controller Design – Fuzzy Logic Controller
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to
- Apply suitable soft computing techniques for various applications.
- Integrate various soft computing techniques for complex problems.
- N.P.Padhy, S.P.Simon, “Soft Computing with MATLAB Programming”, Oxford University Press, 2015.
- S.N.Sivanandam , S.N.Deepa, “Principles of Soft Computing”, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.,2nd Edition, 2011.
- S.Rajasekaran, G.A.Vijayalakshmi Pai, “Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Genetic Algorithm, Synthesis and Applications “, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 2017.
- Jyh-Shing Roger Jang, Chuen-Tsai Sun, Eiji Mizutani, ―Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing‖, Prentice-Hall of India, 2002.
- Kwang H.Lee, ―First course on Fuzzy Theory and Applications‖, Springer, 2005.
- George J. Klir and Bo Yuan, ―Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic-Theory and Applications‖,Prentice Hall, 1996.
- James A. Freeman and David M. Skapura, ―Neural Networks Algorithms,Applications, and Programming Techniques‖, Addison Wesley, 2003.